Condensed Professional Résumé
- Graduated with Bachelor of Arts with Honours in Cinema and Media Studies at York University (2011)
- Wrote honours thesis: The Newly Found Sophistication of Animated Films
- 2012 York University President's Prize for Creative Writing - Screenwriting (for the original screenplay Around the World with Buddy and Manfred)
- Run an international film and television video-review website receiving 1.5 million hits per month from over 100 countries. Requires communicating and co-operating with 15 freelance reviewers: Mr. Coat and Friends
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Extensive use of Windows Movie Maker in editing and creating online videos.
- Eight years experience in website development for a film audience.
Film and Television Experience:
- Is knowledgeable in film (in the creative, critical and financial sense of the word), both old and recent.
- Written nine film screenplays and eight television speculative scripts.
- Up-to-date on the recent filmmaking trends, such as 3-D technology, motion-capture and Blu-Ray Discs.
- Regular reader of the trade papers and online film news blogs, including The Hollywood Reporter, Variety, Deadline and The Animation Guild Blog.
- Knowledge of film and television broadcasting markets in North America, South America, Europe and Australasia (including New Zealand).
- Expert analysis of the upcoming Steven Spielberg production The Adventures of Tintin quoted in The Wall Street Journal (15 July, 2011).
- Ran website, The Film Archives containing written film reviews which although no longer updated continues to receive over 2,000 unique visitors each month.
Organisation, Communication and Professional Experience:
- Worked as an intern for six months at the not-for-profit organisation Epilepsy Ontario.
- Has experience working independently and in teams, either in person or across the Internet to international countries.
- Effective tri-lingual communicator in English, Portuguese and Spanish.
Interested in reading more?
If you would like to receive a copy of my full résumé in PDF format, please enter your name and e-mail address below. A copy will automatically be e-mailed to you.